Thursday, February 26, 2009

When Hearts Break Open

My heart is sad...my mind is stilled...my soul is weeping.

My mom's cousin and his wife are in a state of shock and grieving as she lost her youngest daughter, her husband and their unborn grandchild as victims in an accident with a drunk driver. Even in this short moment to write a request for prayer that their family would know the peace and grace of our Lord during one of the most devastating moments of life my brow furrows and my eyes tear.

In honor of our dear family members please hold your children a little tighter and a moment longer.  Life is fleeting whether it is a day or eighty years...but the present is the only time we have to express how much we love those that are near to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss. We have recently been through a heartbreak of our own, the death of our sister-in-law (Dave's brother's wife). She leaves behind her mother, two brothers, her husband, and her 10 year old daughter. I gave the eulogy at her funeral on Valentine's day, as we were very close. I completely understand. Maybe we should have lunch sometime soon, are you back? My tribute to her is found here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/beckyglandorf