Thursday, January 15, 2009

God must really like me

There are some mornings when I wake up feeling like the day was made just for me.  Today was one of those days.  The clouds crept down the flatirons this morning, and as I watched our street be overcome by the fog, I knew it - God must really like me.  For some, the sun is a source of happiness, but I often have an opposite reaction.  I love cloudy, rainy days.  I love that the fog makes everything seem mysterious.  Leaf-bare trees and plain buildings become romanticized when they are covered by the mist.  This is the weather of my people.  It was a pity that I had to go to work today, since I would have much rather sat at home and watched a movie or read a book.  I had to work today, since I have taken a few days to be sick this week.  Bobby has been very kind while I have laid on he couch doing nothing for quite some time.

Sidenote - Bobby can make really good chicken noodle soup from scratch!  Who knew?

So today I am thankful for a number of things
1. My little boy and hubby have not taken on any of my illness...yet
2. I enjoy Bobby's soup much more than the canned variety
3. God really likes me

No comments: